What is anxiety and how do I know if I have it?
Everyone experiences anxiety at some point in their life. Anxiety is your body's natural response to a perceived threat. Anxiety becomes a concern when you are experiencing it so often that it is interfering with your daily functioning.
Anxiety manifests differently in each person. Here are some common symptoms of anxiety that you may be experiencing:
- Racing thoughts, feeling like you cannot turn your mind off
- Racing heart beat, feeling like you just sprinted a mile
- Feeling keyed up, on edge, irritable
- Trouble sleeping
- Change in appetite
- Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness
- Persistant muscle tension
- Difficulty concentrating
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms? Contact Kull Counseling, LLC to find out how I can help.